About the Principal
Dear Woodsboro community,
My name is Melanie Carmona and I am thrilled to serve as the new principal of Woodsboro Elementary. For the past 21 years, I have been a proud Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District employee, serving as a teacher for nine years, the Induction Coordinator (working with new teachers) for seven years, and finally as principal of Mabel Paine for five years. I look forward to continuing Woodsboro’s long standing traditions of collaboration, student growth, and community inclusion.
The staff and I have collective agreements that are commitments to each other and our families:
- Our students deserve our BEST every single day.
- We know that every child is someone’s whole world.
- We put our students first.
- We treat others with empathy and respect.
- We are professionals and continue to learn and grow each year.
- We strive to be curious, rather than judgmental.
- We will ask directly rather than make assumptions.
- We believe that mistakes are signs that we are learning.
- We will continually measure and celebrate progress.
I’ve been lucky to see many of our new students in the office during August and cannot wait to see the students’ smiling faces on the first day of school!